Our mission at An Nisa is to provide counseling, education, crisis intervention, and resources for families who are victims of domestic violence.
An-Nisa is committed to provide the support needed to prevent and eliminate domestic violence in our community.
It is essentially important to educate the younger generations to prevent them from being abused or becoming abusers in their adult lives.
Changing A Hopeless Past
into a Hopeful Future
Statistics on Domestic Violence:
- 1,232 women each year are killed due to domestic violence.
- An estimated 5.3 million cases each year, resulting in nearly 2 million injuries.
- 50% to 70% of men who abuse women also abuse children.
- On average, more than three women are murdered in the U.S. every day.
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women.
- 85% - 95% of all domestic violence victims are female.
- As many as 324,000 women each year experience domestic violence during their pregnancy.
- In a survey by the US Conferance of Mayors, 56% of cities surveyed cited domestic violence as a primary cause of homelessness.
Ending Domestic Violence One Family at a Time
Grand Opening of our Non Perishable Pantry.